This Is The Life!
How To Establish Your Heart In The Grace Of God
Do you have a strategy for making disciples? If not, you may be interested in our This Is The Life! grace discipleship manual.
This Is The Life! has a specific goal, which can best be summed up in the words of Hebrews 13:9 - “It is good that the heart be established by grace”.
Grace is what makes Christianity unique. Whilst works are what we attempt to do for God, grace is His work in us.
Works confine us to the limited resources of the flesh. Grace brings us into the realm of divine ability. If we fail to make the grace connection we end up turning Christianity into just another religion, i.e. another works trip.
There are ten chapters in This Is The Life! grace discipleship workbook, as follows:
#1 “Deficient or Sufficient?” We may not know all that life will throw at us but we do know that we have been made sufficient for all things. Salvation is much more than a free ticket to heaven. It is a complete package for the total journey. The aim of this chapter is to help others understand the new resources that are available to us in Christ, and to make the switch from an “I can’t” way of thinking to a mindset that says, “I can do all things through Christ”.
#2 “Condition or Position?” It is not what we do that determines who we are, but who we
are that determines what we will do. The more a believer understands his new creation identity the more his behavior will line up with it.
#3 “Change or Exchange?” Religion says, “You must change, in order to be accepted.”
This leads to guilt, condemnation and defeat. God says, “The way to acceptance is to exchange your sin for Christ’s
righteousness.” Believing we are righteous is essential if we are to be empowered by grace. Grace reigns through righteousness!
#4 “Follow or Abide?” Those who follow Jesus have only His example, but those who abide in Him have His life. Which are you living by? We know what it means to be saved by Christ’s death. But what did Paul mean when he said, “We shall be saved by His life”?
#5 “Law or Grace?” Law is what we try to do for God. Grace is what He has done for us in
Christ. Are God’s blessings to us based upon law or grace? How much of the Christian life is an attempt to do deals with God?
#6 “Positive Thinking or Correct Thinking?” How do we win the battle for the mind? Is it by a positive outlook or by believing the truth? When the New Testament speaks about being transformed by the
renewing of our minds what is it referring to? Is it positive thinking that sets us free, or the truth? The
words positive and negative are not found in the Bible, yet truth is a major theme.
#7 “Self-esteem or Self-denial?” God’s way to self-worth is not self-esteem but Christ-esteem.
#8 “Flesh or Spirit?” Every Christian is capable of manifesting two different lives – the works of the flesh or the fruit of the Spirit. How do we walk in the Spirit?
#9 “Same or Different?” Is every Christian identical, or are we each different? In
this chapter we explore the uniqueness of our new creation identity and how we each have a special, distinct place in
the body of Christ.
#10 “Produce or Reproduce?” Is the ultimate aim of discipleship to grow or to multiply?
The purpose of this chapter is to teach believers how to make disciples.
We are constantly taking people at New Beginnings Christian Church on the Gold Coast through This Is The Life!. The response has been overwhelming. Understanding what it means to be
“in Christ” and learning how to access the riches of His grace have been life-transforming truths for many. And the
good news is that what has been learned is already being eagerly passed on to others.
Here are just a few examples of what some had to say about the Grace Discipleship Workbook:
* “I’m finally learning how to stop striving and trying to force growth. Now my Christian life is joy and an exciting adventure. I love God more and more each day”
* “Powerful truths” - Lea Baggaley
* “When you really hear this truth for the first time you know you will never be the same again and you wish you’d heard it 20 years ago” - Linlee Grey
* “I have learned so much” - Sylvia Griffiths
* “I have found my position in Christ”
* “As a new Christian this has been a great foundation for my new life with Christ” - Lisa Fletcher
* “It really brought home to me who we are in Christ” - AW
* “This course has been a channel of much needed, timely and personal revelation of the grace of God in my life” - Simon Hill
* “Greatly improved my understanding of grace, myself and God” - Josh Draper
* “I didn’t realize the depth of God’s grace until going through this course” - Erhard With
* “This study has blessed me immensely. I have never seen the truths of life in Christ put together in a way that makes it so easily understandable” - Mick Britten
* “For the first time in 20 years as a Christian I am starting to understand and experience God’s grace to me personally in Christ in my daily life. At last I am seeing the doorway to freedom from unwanted habits and wrong choice patterns” - Scott Roberts
Price: Within Australia = AUD$29 including postage
Outside Australia = AUD$49
This Is The Life! - Paperback
Price: Within Australia = AUD$19 including postage
Outside Australia = AUD$21.75
Our quality FREE e-zine "Grace Roots" is published monthly. Have you signed up for your copy yet?